16 August 2009

Shall I Do Thee Mischief...

The last of my Little Red Cap trio is a more manly version... a Sea Wolf hat for my hubby's birthday this fall.


The yarn is Rowan RYC Cashsoft Chunky. It was a little tricky getting the pattern re-sized for the thicker yarn but well worth it. This is some of the softest, nicest stuff I've knit.

To go with a manly hat I'm going to recommend a couple of short stories told from the wolf's point of view. "Little Red" by Wendy Wheeler takes place in 20th century Chicago with the wolf a very dapper man about town. "Shall I Do Thee Mischief in the Wood" by Kathe Koja is set in more traditional fairy tale times with Little Red Riding Hood a mad girl living wild in the woods and the wolf a man traveling on business. Both can be found in Ellen Datlow and Terri Windling's anthology Snow White, Blood Red. I believe their entire fairy tale series has had a recent reprinting so it shouldn't be hard to find.

No comments:

Post a Comment