15 June 2010

Looking Glass Hats

DADA had in interesting assignment this month. To knit an object of desire then knit its reflection.

I chose to make the Bad Amy Hat. I think just about everyone doing the House Cup wants one after watching BadAmy knit them like mad during the Hat Off! This awesome chunky knit hat is inspired by a pricey version from Banana Republic. Coincidentally Chanel is picturing a chunky knit stocking cap sans button in their current ad campaign so this baby will still be hot for fall. can you guess which one is the one from the other side of the looking glass?

Despite how much I desire this hat myself these are for holiday gifts (I won't say for who because you never know they might be reading.) Guess I'll have to knit another one or maybe I'll have to study that Chanel version and see if I can work up something similar. Then again I do love the button.

All this talk of looking glasses puts me in mind of one of my favorite Alice in Wonderland retellings, The Looking Glass Wars Trilogy by Frank Beddor. I think they would bear re-reading for a possible Fantasia workshop in the future.

1 comment:

  1. badamy totally rocked the pitch for all of us first years slytherins during that challenge and if i could knit hats i'd probably make one of those myself.

    i have to say that you and i appear to be book soulmates or something. i love the looking glass wars even though i havent read the third one yet. i actually got to meet frank beddor at comic-con a few years ago and bought my books from him so they are autographed. they're the favorite books in my collection.

    ReplyDelete