16 September 2009

How I Spent My Summer Vacation - Part 5

How I Spent My Summer Vacation - Part 5

As I’m looking for my quarry I think back to my father and stepmother’s visit earlier in the Summer. Why oh why did my Muggle stepmother have to see my camera case made from a transfigured squid? Of course she loved it and wanted me to make her one for Christmas this year.

It had to be a squid of all creatures. My relationship with the children of the Great Squid is on a level with Ron and Harry’s with Aragog’s children. There had been my fierce battle with the squid that refused to have eyes. Then last term I had gone and made that darn camera case for Muggle Studies. The spell I found in a book in the Hogwarts’ Library worked in essence but it required quite a bit of improvisation on my part to get good results. I had hoped never to attempt it again.

By choosing a body of water far from the Hogwarts Lake I though perhaps they wouldn’t be ready for me. I was wrong. All of a sudden a teaming cloud of the slimy little buggers rushed me. I began to Stupify them as quickly as possible. When the sand around my feet was littered with rubbery little bodies the rest began to flee. I chose a lovely Ravenclaw blue one and with a flash transfigured him into the requested case. Another little flick and its eyes were bronze buttons.

Into my bag it went and I kicked off the bottom and made for the surface as quickly as possible. I’d been under a long time and wasn’t sure how much longer my Bubble Head Charm would hold.

Behind me I could see the Stupified squids begin to stir…

No comments:

Post a Comment